Latest funding opportunities
- The International Federation of the Red Cross, with support from the Department for International Development, is commissioning new research on the most effective approaches to building capacity for better disaster risk management. Closing date 1 July 2013.
- Community Research and Development Information Service (CORDIS)
- Framework Programme on Security and Safeguarding Liberties is composed of two specific programmes: Prevention, Preparedness and Consequences Management of Terrorism and Presentation of and Fight against Crime. Click here for further details.
- Long term research is supported by the Security theme, under the 7th Framework Programme (FP7) – for the latest opportunities click here
Global Uncertainties programme funding
Global Uncertainties programme funding for new multidisciplinary research will focus on priority issues within its core areas, developed in consultation with the Strategic Advisory Group as well as wider engagement with researchers, research users from policy and practice and, where possible, the public. At the same time individual Research Councils may choose to encourage contributions from their research communities to Global Uncertainties programme through specific strategic calls or highlights in their responsive research-inspired, mode funding.
Some Research Councils publish high level statements to their communities outlining their approach to Global Uncertainties and areas of interest:
- Arts and Humanties Research Council (AHRC) information on Global Uncertainties
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) information on Global Uncertainties
Other Research Council funding
Outside Global Uncertainties priority areas, all Research Councils support wider contributions to the programme through their open funding opportunities. All Research Councils have funding available for responsive, research-inspired, mode grants as well as postgraduate and further research training and development. Most of them have specific support available to encourage international and public engagement, knowledge exchange or commercialisation and follow on to existing research.
Other funding opportunities
Researchers working on issues addressed by the Global Uncertainties programme may be interested in relevant funding opportunities provided by a number of other UK and international funders.
- Technology Strategy Board – Driving Innovation – SBRI competition
- Department for International Development funding opportunities
- EU FP7 Humanities and Social science programme
- EU FP7 Security Programme
- EU Freedom, Security and Justice
- Global Security Challenge
- Technology Strategy Board
- US Department for Homeland Security