Latest funding opportunities
- Ethics and Rights in a Security Context
- Community Research and Development Information Service (CORDIS)
- Framework Programme on Security and Safeguarding Liberties is composed of two specific programmes: Prevention, Preparedness and Consequences Management of Terrorism and Presentation of and Fight against Crime.
- Long term research is supported by the Security theme, under the 7th Framework Programme (FP7)
Global Uncertainties programme funding
Global Uncertainties programme funding for new multidisciplinary research will focus on priority issues within its core areas, developed in consultation with the Strategic Advisory Group as well as wider engagement with researchers, research users from policy and practice and, where possible, the public.
At the same time individual Research Councils may choose to encourage contributions from their research communities to Global Uncertainties programme through specific strategic calls or highlights in their responsive research-inspired, mode funding.
Some Research Councils publish high level statements to their communities outlining their approach to Global Uncertainties and areas of interest:
- Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) information on Global Uncertainties (external website)
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) information on Global Uncertainties (external website)
Other Research Council funding
Outside Global Uncertainties priority areas, all Research Councils support wider contributions to the programme through their open funding opportunities. All Research Councils have funding available for responsive, research-inspired, mode grants as well as postgraduate and further research training and development. Most of them have specific support available to encourage international and public engagement, knowledge exchange or commercialisation and follow on to existing research.
Other funding opportunities
Researchers working on issues addressed by the Global Uncertainties programme may be interested in relevant funding opportunities provided by a number of other UK and international funders.
- Innovative Research Call in Explosives and Weapons Detection (external website)
- Department for International Development funding opportunities (external website)
- EU FP7 Humanities and Social science programme (external website)
- EU FP7 Security Programme (PDF)
- EU Freedom, Security and Justice (external website)
- Technology Strategy Board funding competitions (external website)
- US Department for Homeland Security Research Business Opportunities (external website)